Steering Committee Purpose and Mandate:
The purpose of the Steering Committee is to focus on the overall relationship between the Miíkmaq of Nova Scotia and the provincial and federal governments as it relates to issues being discussed within each of the Tripartite Forumís Working Committees.
The mandate of the Steering Committee shall be to provide organizational and operational support for the Tripartite Forum and to provide the three parties with a mechanism to resolve organizational and process issues related to the Forum.
Workplan Goals 2010-2011
- To assist in the timely and effective resolution of issues of mutual concern related to the operation of the Tripartite Forum.
- To effectively support the planning, budgeting, accountability and administration of the Tripartite Forum.
- To improve communication and linkages among the Committees.
- To oversee and support the Project Manager function.
- To oversee and support the function of the Tripartite Secretariat.
- To assist Tripartite Forum in reviewing and updating Strategic Direction, Terms of Reference, organizational structure, and policies and procedures.
- To establish a link with the Kwilmu'kw Maw-klusuaqn Negotiation Office (KMKNO) Governance Committee.